15 Jan 7 Reasons to Join Medicine Hat’s First Co-work Space
We’re excited to announce that the Compasss, the Gas City’s first co-working space, is now live. Located at 660 2nd Street SE, we’re thrilled to be part of the beating heart that is downtown Medicine Hat.
Upstairs at the Compass can accommodate up to four forward thinking business professionals in need of a highly visible downtown location. With affordable rates and state of the art amenities, the Compass is a good home for the right crew.
Downstairs is for community and collaboration. It features four single offices alongside a brightly finished co-working space where members can spread their wings, grow their business, and change the world.
Today’s freelance professionals and entrepreneurs are swarming to co-working spaces like the Compass for at least seven good reasons.
- Community. Flying solo can be hard and lonely. But it doesn’t have to be. Co-working connects you with like-minded entrepreneurs committed to mutual growth and success.
- Flexibility. With affordable monthly memberships, co-working offers flexibility in the form of come-and-go access, first-come-first serve freedom, and the ability to book in advance (for those really, really, really important meetings).
- Focus. With dishes to do and laundry to fold, the home office is fraught with distraction. The hustle and bustle of the local coffee shop is wonderful for brainstorming but can get in the way of more pressing matters. Co-working offers a middle ground that is collaborative yet calm, perfect for penning that long overdue e-mail or doing the books.
- Affordability. If you’re just starting out, co-working provides all the benefits of a fully functioning office — permanent address, phone service, board room — at a fraction of the cost. So you can spend your hard-earned startup dollars serving customers instead of paying the rent.
- Collaboration. Co-working is for people who believe they can make the pie bigger by sharing ideas and connections, rather than hoarding information and doing it all alone. Working together leads to shared success and mutual reward.
- Fun. If the coffee shop is the new water cooler, then co-working is the new cubicle. And what a cubicle it is — full of dynamic, creative professionals working hard and playing harder.
- Financing. Co-working spaces are often co-located with investor networks and the Compass is no exception — VA Angels and Invest Medicine Hat are in the building to serve entrepreneurs and growing companies with access to networks and capital required to go in that next direction.
Co-working is a booming business model from Vancouver to Halifax built in response to the new nature of work: mobile, temporary, and highly skilled.
With that in mind, here are three more articles about the benefits of working together.
- How Co-Working is Changing How and Where We Work
- Co-working: The Benefits of Collaborative Workspaces
- Why People Thrive in Coworking Spaces
See you at the Compass!
Jason, Ryan & Jon